Monday, May 24, 2010

More use of the camera...

Another busy weekend. Another time I am reminded that in most stories, the mother of the Princess is either dead, insane, or really, really angry!!!! As I ran around this
weekend, I felt a little like the Hen in that childhood story, "I grew the wheat, I harvested the wheat, I made the bread...etc,etc,etc." I ordered the corsage, I ran to pick up the corsage on my lunch, I got the "princess" ready for the dance, I handed the corsage to Daddy slyly behind my back so he could present it to the "princess" and look like the "Knight in Shining Armor!" Daddy and said princess then went off to the ball (AKA Daddy-Daughter dance) and Mother of princess went about the usual running with the rest of the kids! On Saturday, I retained my role as "Mother of the Princess" when I took Dawsyn to the Denison Railroad Festival. In this picture she is running in the rain while trying to eat her icecream. But she did her mom proud--she never once lost her sash or crown--not even one little slip! She got to ride through the parade on Grammy's new convertible and that was definitely her highlight of the day!


Then, yesterday, my two girls had their year-end dance recital. They did baton and pom-pom this year. They were so cute up there on stage!











No comments:

Post a Comment