Monday, May 17, 2010

It always seems like...

Front row: Delaney, Snowball (aka cotton candy), my dad, my sister with Drake. Back Row: Shawn, Dax, me, Drew, my Mom.

...during the month of May, we have to keep the camera with us everywhere we go! There are just so many events and memories that we want to keep! We all participated in the "Race for the Cure" this past weekend. This was our 4th year! We do it in honor of my friend, Angie's mom! It has never taken us that long to get through the walk! We kept getting stopped by people who wanted to take pictures of Dawsyn and her "pink puppy". They would ask her what the dog's name was and she would say "cotton candy". The dog's name is "Snowball", but she didn't think that was quite appropriate given her new color! After the race, she was all smiles and said, "Mom--that was like having Paparazzi!" Drew, on the other hand, was very upset by all the attention she was getting and said he didn't really like the idea of a bunch of strangers having his sister's picture! He really thinks we are doing a bang-up job with this whole parenting thing!
Speaking of the differences between my two oldest children...I got a phone call the other day from a person saying that I had signed up for ACT test preparation for my children. Shawn had taken the call first, and looked at me like I was totally insane! I am crazy nuts about preparing my children for the future, but even I think preparing a first and second grader for the ACT is a little overkill! I told the lady that I hadn't signed up for anything like that and she told me that my children had signed up for it at their school bookfair. I told her I wasn't interested and she responded by asking if I was planning on sending my children to college. I told her I absolutely was NOT SENDING my children to college! I am planning on them attending college, but I am not SENDING them there! After I got off the phone, I called Drew and Dawsyn into the room to ask if they had signed up for ACT test preparation. I knew immediately that Drew had indeed signed up because he feels he needs to prepare for college NOW! Dawsyn on the other hand stared blankly at me, "test? what test? I thought I was signing up for ACTing lessons!" Night and Day--those two!!!! Wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment