Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Week 21 & 22!


Where does the time go? I missed a week again! It doesn't help that the last three weeks don't feel very much like Summer Break. We had a week of football/cheerleading camp, then a week of Franklin Park Conservatory Camp, and last week was COSI camp. Whew! Plus, Dawsyn's cheerleading started and I am coaching her. Thankfully, I have two wonderful moms, and Cassie who are helping so I am not having to do all of the jumping around. I had my last ultrasound on Monday. Everything looked good, but I was kind of sad that it was my last one. I enjoy seeing the baby and I know I am going to miss these days. The baby looks like it is going to be another big one! It already weighed 1 pound 3 ounces!!! From everything I've read, it will double it's weight in the next four weeks. That means that by 26 weeks of pregancy, the baby could already weigh 2 pounds, 6 ounces. I've heard of a lot of preemie babies being born at a weight like that. After that, it is said the baby could gain up to half a pound a week! No wonder I am having such sciatic pain! I have hardly been able to walk since last Thursday. I keep going, and I am still managing to get in my workouts everyday, but it is getting tough. I am hoping it is just the way the baby is lying, and when it moves I will get better! I also held it together and didn't find out what the baby was on Monday, although I was very tempted! The good news is Dax says the baby is almost ready to come out of his belly. He just says it needs to "grow up" a little bit more. He doesn't know it, but he is growing up so fast himself! He is even staying dry at night now, so I think it is safe to say that he is officially potty-trained!!!! They are all growing up. The control freak that I am makes it very difficult because I cannot control their rate of growth at all! Drew is getting so tall and so mature. I can't believe the conversations we can have, Dawsyn now wakes up in the morning before I do and has been getting breakfast for her siblings and setting out the schoolwork that I make them practice every day. Delaney has really done well this summer and is ready for Preschool. She is already at a first-grade reading level, so I am not worried about her academically. And now that Little D is over a pound, and there a times when I know his/her little kicks can be felt outside my stomach, it seems like we are really getting somewhere! I wanted to post this adorable picture from Fourth of July! Wouldn't it be nice if they always hugged and smiled at each other like that and not just when Mommy was prompting them for a picture? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment