Thursday, April 16, 2009

Week 7!


PREGNANCY IS A LITTLE LIKE BEING ON AN ACID TRIP
OK, so I have never been on an acid trip, I've never even been drunk, honestly, not so much as a buzz, unless you count the time Father Steve put a little less water in the wine at church on Sunday, but even then, I can't say it really counted. As my brother would say, I am an old stick in the mud, but I have to imagine that had I ever been on an acid trip, it would be something like the crazy thoughts that go through your mind when you're pregnant! For instance, I was folding some laundry today and Dax came up to me and wanted to help. I looked down at his sweet, innocent little face and the only thought that came into my mind was, "My God, you look just like a "Kewpie" doll!!!" I couldn't get this thought out of my mind, so I found a picture of a kewpie doll and, excepting the lack of clothing (although Dax would willing be "nakey" if we let him), they are twins! Had I not been pregnant, my next thought would probably have been to think it was cute and continue with the laundry. However, hormones are a monster and the next thing I know, tears are stinging my eyes and I am holding my squirming 2 year old saying, "I'm so sorry you look like a kewpie doll". At this point I am certain that he has a future of starring in some reality TV show that is only on cable at 2 in the morning. Shawn quickly tries to remedy the situation by pointing out that I am being irrational and that Dax is adorable and just needs his hair trimmed. My quick response is that he is finally getting hair and there is no way I am going to cut it now! This does the job, I am officially off the "kewpie doll" kick and now frantically thinking, "yeah--why doesn't he have more hair by the way?" and "why is he so small"? Is he talking enough? He only knows 4 of his colors and he can't write his name!!!!! How is he ever supposed to pass the SAT at this rate?????? I have obviously failed as a mother. When I finish with my tirade there are 5 sets of eyes staring blankly at me. Delaney finally breaks the silence with "is a Kewpie doll candy?" See? I think the creators of Alice in Wonderland, Willy Wonka, and Jesus Christ Superstar weren't really on acid trips--they were probably pregnant or working close proximity with someone who was. At least I am able to look back and realize that it is the hormones that caused me to go from Kewpie look-a-like to failing his SAT's in a matter of 10 minutes. I am much better now, much more relaxed--until the next thing catches my attention. But, seriously, is it just me? He really does look like Kewpie!!

MORE ABOUT TIREDNESS!!!
The fact that I am already a day behind in writing this is probably going to sum up week 7. I am TIRED!!! Yesterday, I laid on the couch in the evening and watched TV. I NEVER do this, which was obvious by the kids' reactions. They were flipping out. They kept asking if I was o.k. or if I was going to be alright. They certainly aren't used to seeing Mommy sit, let alone lie, on the couch. Now, would everyone take a minute to remember that this is #5. I think of my stomach as a deflated balloon. After Drew's birth, it was like a little water balloon that had shrunken back down after use. After Dawsyn's birth it was more like a large party balloon, by number 5, I am thinking it is like a large punching bag that certainly knows the routine!!! Not to mention that little fact that I once weighed 250 pounds!!! So, consequently, my stomach is huge. I pulled out our pictures from Daxton's pregnancy. My stomach is about the same size at 7 weeks that it was at about 12 weeks with him! Thus, the "twin" talk has begun. Yes, my mom is a fraternal twin, yes I am over 30 this time, yes this is my fifth pregnancy, yes my HcG numbers are off the chart, yes I am definitely more sick and tired this time than last. Regardless, I am POSITIVE there is only one in there. At the first ultrasound they weren't even sure they could see one, so I'm sure there isn't two. If one more person makes the twin joke, I might use my pregnancy hormones as an excuse and punch them!!!!
If I am fortunate enough to make it to my first ultrasound, which is scheduled for May 14th (isn't that your birthday, Julie?) I also just realized that is the day I found out I was pregnant for Dax, I will come back with pictures to show everyone that it isn't twins--I am just fat! YAY!
Also this week, the kids are having fun with the name game--so far our suggestions from our four angels consist of: Darth or Dooku (that would be our Star Wars Fan-Drew), Dacey, David, Dana, Loofa, Jumpala and http://www.richard.com/ (that was from Delaney--yeah, we don't know either, I caution you if you actually choose to click on the link, as I have no idea where it may take you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment