Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Week 6!

EASTER--Let the exhaustion begin!
Because Easter was so late this year, we had our Spring Break the week before Easter. So I am back to work today and sooo tired! On the plus side, we had a great Easter. Court-a-ney (as Delaney affectionately calls her) came for the weekend. The kids were so excited to see that the Easter Bunny brought her a basket too! On Friday we had friends over and colored 10 dozen Easter Eggs! Dax and his buddy Lance looked like they were going for their auditions for "Blueman group". They were covered. It was chaotic, loud, messy, and absolutely wonderful! :) On Saturday, we went to the Easter Vigil at church. When we got there and Drew realized that this was the service where we light candles and hold them, he quickly checked all the fire exits and then proceeded to inform the family which way to get out in case someone "wasn't too careful with their candle!" Easter Vigil at our church is a 3 hour service that doesn't start until 9:00 PM. All four kids were asleep half-way through the first reading. Luckily, Courtney was there. Between Mom, Cassie, Josh, Courtney, and Shawn, I was able to stay only in charge of "tie-breaker" which is good, because I was very nauseous throughout the entire service. After the service, they have a reception for all those who became Catholic. Since Mom and Dad are both very involved with the RCIA at our church (Dad even sponsored someone this year), we decided to go to the reception for a little while, much to the dismay of Drew and Dawsyn who were convinced that the Easter Bunny would come while we gone and we would interrupt him when we got home and he would leave and take all of his goodies with him. These are the moments when, only for a moment, the thought crosses my mind that I am really screwing with my kids' heads with all of this holiday stuff, but then I quickly think, Oh well, it's fun!
The kids were up and ready to go by 7:00 AM. Delaney just kept saying that Easter is so much better than Christmas because of all of the candy! So, today I head back to work with the house covered in candy wrappers, and enough Easter grass to reseed our yard (by the way add Easter grass to my list of male inventions!), but we had a great time and I really felt that this Lent was the first time that Drew and Dawsyn are starting to "get it". When we did our Bible readings, and kept track our "kind acts" (the paper chain we wrote them on now wraps around our kitchen!), I could tell they were understanding the concept of what Jesus did for us. Delaney is at least to the point where she knows what she is supposed to say, and Dax even got in on the action when I was reading them a book on Good Friday and he saw a picture of Jesus with the crown of thorns, and yelled, "Hey--I like that guy!". Yeah, Dax--me too! :)
It's a Man's World
I should officially be at week 6 today. I still haven't heard from the doctor. When I called today, the nurse acted like she had no clue what I was talking about and tried to tell me that my blood work wasn't back yet. Which really means she didn't feel like looking for it. I am still waiting to hear back from her.
It has also become quite apparent to me that men have historically run the world--and, even more obvious that they don't have a clue as to what they're doing! For instance, men must have invented panty-hose, eyebrow waxing, and those little annoying square, powder packages that come in shoes that all I know about them in 31 years is that you aren't supposed to eat them! On top of these things, I can tell you that a man must have coined the term, "morning sickness". There is no morning about it--at least not this time! Maybe it is because it is number 5, maybe it is because I am now over 30, or maybe it is God's way of saying, "Alright, little lady--this is absolutely it"! Whatever the reason, I am absolutely nauseous all day long this time. It really started on Sunday and hasn't ended yet, except for when I am sleeping.
To this point, I must also add, that men, who at their worst have to do what? Turn their head and cough???? PUHLEASE!!!! And these are the humans we call the stonger sex??? If men didn't run the world, I am positive we would have come up with something better than a pap smear! I mean look at the world and the advancements we have made--people regularly travel into space, I can get on the internet and get a live feed of any spot on earth, not to mention, that amazing "shamwow" thingy--I mean really, it can absorb anything!!! Add to that the advances in medicine we have made--they can transplant just about any organ in the body, they are saving people from horrible accidents and diseases every day! Yet, no one can think of something better than a giant plastic speculum???? Seriously, at my last pelvic exam it literally fell apart half way through and the doctor had to screw it back together. Not to be too graphic, but you really don't want to hear the doctor say, "Wait a minute, I need to screw this" in the middle of your pelvic exam!!!! Then, once everything was back together, he says to the nurse, you have to raise the table up for me, this is hurting my back. At which point, I could no longer contain myself and piped in saying, "Well, by all means, please do--we wouldn't want you to be uncomfortable at a moment like this!" Poor guy, what a rough day for him--Hopefully he doesn't have to turn his head and cough for awhile!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment