Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thank you, Captain Obvious

The older Drew gets, the more I see myself and, more frighteningly, my personality, particularly my sense of humor, in him. We were driving home from his soccer game on Sunday and out of nowhere he announces that something has really been bothering him lately. SO, of course, we turn off the radio and sit up a little straighter in our seats and ask him what it is. He responds with this, "Mom, did you ever notice that whenever there is a group picture of a bunch of kids on a poster at school or in your textbook, one is always in a wheelchair?" "I mean, even if it's an advertisement for the swim team, it seems like one is in a wheelchair!" Shawn starts laughing and said, "look closer, bud, and you'll see that one is Chinese, one is black, and one has to be a girl!" I shot him a look because this obviously was not the most politically correct answer, but before I could say anything, Drew responds with, "you're right!" Awesome father-son moment that was!
As much as Drew reminds me of myself, Dax reminds me of my brother, CJ! How that is possible, I don't surely know, and, quite frankly, I don't feel I deserve it! :) Dax has now discovered that he has super powers. It seems these powers became evident when Shawn found a box in the basement with clothes from when Drew was little (they would have to be Drew's old clothes since Drake and Dax now wear practically the same size!) and in it was a pair of Superman pajamas--complete with cape, thank you very much! Needless to say, I have spent every evening since then washing said pajamas because he HAS to wear them every night, puts up a fight to take them off in the morning, and I find myself creeping in after he falls asleep to remove the cape, which apparantly is somehow tied to said super powers. He also feels that when cape is attached, he can no longer walk around the house, but must run with arms stretched out in front of him! I asked him the other day if he really thought he was Super Man. He disgustedly replied that he was NOT Super Man, but instead wanted to be Robin! Robin? Really? You want to be the sidekick to the one superhero that has absolutely no powers???? Just exactly how did CJ get one just like him????

No comments:

Post a Comment