Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween 2010

Alvin, Simon...
Theodore!

And, of course, The Chipettes (Brittney, Jeanette, and Eleanor)!



And, we can't forget Dave!

This year, Drew decided he wanted us to be Alvin and the Chipmunks! And, actually, it made sense. The choices were pretty obvious...Drew was Alvin, Dax was Simon, and Drake was a perfect Theodore. For the girls, Dawsyn insisted that she be Brittney, Delaney was a wonderful Eleanor, so that left Mommy to be Jeanette.
We decided Shawn would be Dave, but in the midst of trying to make sure I had everyone's costumes, I didn't really think about his. So, this morning, in the middle of the rush to get out the door, Shawn says, "Hey! What am I going to wear tonight?" I was less then friendly when I said that I had done all the work for all the other costumes and I was kind of hoping he could at least dress himself! In my defense, my arms were full, I had just baked 4 dozen cookies, gotten 5 kids up, dressed, and ready for the day, packed lunches, studied spelling words, math facts, played a quick Halloween word game, laid out all the costumes, plus got a 45 minute workout in and it wasn't even 6:30 AM!!!! He looked kind of wounded and just said, "OK". I was feeling badly about it later at work until he sent me an email that said, "I think I can handle this!" with an attachment of a picture he had found of the old cartoon-Dave Seville. When I opened the picture all I could think was, "(GASP) I married Dave from Alvin and the Chipmunks! (see picture above!)
We had a good time even though it was extremely cold and I did get a little tired of hearing 4 kids in the back of the van singing, "Me, I want a HOOOOOla- Hoooop!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment