Tuesday, September 28, 2010

And the reign begins...







We started our new reign with our first festival of the year. I knew this year was going to be different now that we have Delaney travelling with us!

I was proven correct when we had a "ketchup" incident within two minutes of being at the luncheon. Good thing her sash already has red accents! It is going to be a long year!

On the boy-side of things, Dax scored his first soccer goal! He was so excited, but of course, he had to call and tell me about it because I was at the girl's cheerleading coaching them. It is so hard to miss out on things. He was so excited telling me all about it on the phone. It absolutely broke my heart that I wasn't there to see it.

Now that we are back into all of our activities, it is so hard to split our family in two all the time. Usually, I take the girls since I coach their cheerleading, and, well, Daddy will go to the Queen stuff if he has to, but it definitely isn't his first option! Shawn ends up taking the two older boys since he coaches Daxton's soccer and soccer is his "thing". Poor little Drake usually goes with whomever feels they can watch him more easily. However, on Saturday while I was coaching that ended up being various parents at the football game. He is like the "mascot" of everything we are involved in. At church, he is passed around so that sometimes we are all left asking, "Where's Drake?" At sporting events, the question is "Who has Drake?", and at family events, it's usually, "Let me see Drake!". He doesn't lack for love or attention at all. I just wish his entire photo album wasn't filled with captions like, "Drake at Dawsyn's festival", "Drake at Drew's birthday party", "Drake at Delaney's Kindermusik class", "Drake at Daxton's soccer game", etc., etc. I tell myself that before I know it, we'll all be sitting at events for him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment