Monday, July 19, 2010

Preparations...

...for surgery are never fun. I am thinking this time, the recovery might be long and drawn out! I found out on Friday that my hernia needs to be repaired and can't wait longer because it is getting larger. Part of me is relieved to finally get it taken care of because it can be painful at times and make is very hard for me to fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. But, a big part of me is dreading ruining what's left of my summer and my ability to run, play, and just generally interact with the kids. I worry about them missing out on things all the time (I think that is working-parent guilt), but in the Summer, I try to make up for it. The doctor told Shawn to expect me to be back in surgery for at least 4 hours! I wouldn't trade him---I would hate to sit in a waiting room and wait that long. I am told the recovery will be much like a c-section, but probably a little harder since I will come home with drains and unable to stand up straight. I am probably being overly positive, but I am thinking I should be able to coach cheerleading on Monday, and get right back into getting the kids to their activities. We'll see. At least after this surgery, I won't be getting up for middle-of-the-night feedings and have the hormonal roller-coaster of just giving birth! Prayers are appreciated--mainly for the kids because I know this is hard for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment