Friday, July 23, 2010

home and recovering

I made it through surgery OK and am home and recovering. I am surprised at how painful it really is. In some ways, it is easier than my c-sections, but in other ways, it is more difficult. I can't walk upright at all, but I am getting to sleep through the night because I am not nursing a newborn. I just want to fastforward through the next week, until I am feeling better and can do more. The kids are glad I am home and keep coming over and hugging me and telling me that they missed me while I was gone. The surgery took about 4 hours, but the doctors say everything went well, so hopefully all of the hernia issues will be resolved. I appreciate all of the prayers and positive thoughts. Drew brought me back to reality when he said he really wanted to come sit in the waiting room while I was in surgery and play the game "Operation". He thought it would be ironic! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment