Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day!







No holiday goes unnoticed at the Adams' house! OK--we don't really celebrate Ramadan, or Kwanzaa (but believe me, Dawsyn has tried!). So, last night, Drew read the "The Night Before St. Patrick's Day" and Dawsyn read, "How to catch a Leprechaun" to the family, then they set up their leprechaun traps and went to bed (after much coaxing of Delaney because she was convinced the Leprechaun was going to break in and paint her green!--yet another moment that I question what we are really doing to our kids, but oh well--it's fun!). This morning, when they got up, the traps had gone off, but, alas... no leprechaun! However, he did leave gold (Hershey's pot of gold) hidden all over the house, he turned our toilet water green, our milk green, and a new addition this year--he turned all of the pictures on our walls upside down!!! And I still expected to get the kids dressed, and out the door by 6:30???? We were running a little late this morning, but I guess that is OK every once-in-a-while, even for someone as strict and organized as me!
Today is also the first time I took a pregnancy test a year ago for Drake. It was negative! Well, he's here now. We go tomorrow to have his heart checked with the cardiologist and are praying that everything looks good. Then, next week, Dax is getting his tonsils out, so hopefully all will go well and we can start our Easter celebrations and Spring Break!!! I am definitely looking forward to it. I'll remind myself of that when Easter Grass is strewn across the house--I really hate that stuff--you'd think the Easter Bunny would have come up with something better by now--further proof that said bunny is a MALE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment