Friday, November 13, 2009

Week 38!

So close...
Today is my last day teaching since my c-section is scheduled for Monday. I think we have everything ready. I know that the novelty has definitely worn off at this point! At my last appointment on Wednesday, the doctor did a quick ultrasound because he was a little worried about my fluid level, but there was plenty around the baby. Shawn and I both took Wednesday off so we could go to my last appointment, meet with the people at the hospital (which turned out to be a total disaster) and so I could get some other last minute stuff done. We picked the kids up from school and took them to a nice dinner to celebrate their amazing report cards and parent-teacher conferences. We got very good reports on them. So, now I am too the point that I am just tired, ready, and, of course, scared to death. That is just my personality. Last night I had my conferences for three hours and a lot of people kept telling me that since it was my 5th c-section, at least I knew what to expect. They are right, but that is also a curse because I know EXACTLY what to expect. Last night I even dreamed that I went into the surgery room and they asked me if I wanted a cookie and I ate one and then they told me I couldn't have the surgery because I was supposed to go 12 hours without food or water.
Even though, the kids can't be there at all, we are going to try to make the best of the situation for them. We have it planned so we can take polaroids and no one else will get to know what the baby is until Delaney announces it (at the McDonald's down the street instead of the hospital waiting room). We also have it all set up to do a webcam every day so the kids can see me and know that I am OK. So... we're doing everything we can, I just hope the hospital will cooperate in some small way. Although, based on our meeting Wednesday, I am not counting on anything. I just keep telling myself that this time next week, I should be home, recovering with our entire family, and hopefully a wonderful, healthy baby. Now would be the time to send some prayers our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment