Wednesday, November 18, 2009

OUR TIE-BREAKER HAS ARRIVED


Drake Michael Edward Adams was born at 8:04 AM on Monday, November 16th. He weighed 8 pounds, 1 ounce and was 20 1/2 inches long. The surgery went well. I felt pretty good through the surgery and got to see Drake before they took him to the nursery. Once I got to the recovery room, however, I started to feel the oddest pain in my chest and back. The nurses weren't sure what was going on until I told them that I had a horrible metallic taste in my mouth. They then realized that the spinal had gone "up" and I was almost totally numb up to my shoulders. This was a little scary, but once they sat me up and started the pain meds, it slowly faded. I was able to nurse Drake in the recovery room and they soon brought him back to my room once the pediatrician cleared him (he was having trouble with a lot of grunting). At that point, they rolled my bed over to the window and I was able to hold Drake up to the window so the other kids could see him. This was both wonderful and horribly sad at the same time. The other kids are just devastated that they haven't been able to hold him. They cry on the phone to me everynight. We set up a webcam, so they have been able to see and talk to both of us every night, but I know they can't wait until we are home! I am really hoping to go home today. I've never gone home this early, but the doctor has already discharged me, so now we are just waiting on Drake.

No comments:

Post a Comment