Thursday, September 3, 2009

Week 27!

We are going full swing again. So far, it feels like every day is a little victory. Delaney started dance class and insisted on taking ballet this year. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen, but Delaney isn't exactly built like a ballerina. She came home after her first class and was so excited to show us "Happy Feet" which is what she learned --this consists of turning her feet outward at the toes while her heels are touching. She then said that she thought that was funny and she guesssed that most of the time she has "sad feet" because she is pigeon-toed. It was the sweetest thing. I hope she will always feels so comfortable with herself and who she is. She definitely did not inherit that from me! She also started preschool full-time yesterday. She was jumping at the door to get in when they opened. This is totally different from Drew and Dawsyn who always clung to my leg while we were waiting to get in in the morning. She gives me a quick hug and then runs off to play. She has informed me that she already has two boyfriends. I guess it is easier for each child to start something new because they see their older siblings do it. But, it isn't any easier on their mom. My guess is that by the time "Little D" starts school he or she will be driving themself! They probably won't even want me to walk them in!
Then, when I picked Dax up from his first full day at Miss Sharan's, he didn't want to leave. He was having fun playing outside. Well, at least I can tell myself they are well-adjusted! Drew and Dawsyn are adjusting and doing well, but we are all just so tired and not used to our new schedules yet. We are definitely looking forward to the long weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Jill,
    Such wonderful stories!! I think you need to start thinking of a new career! You could be the new Erma Bombeck! Love each and everyone of your tales! I hope to see you soon!

    LaDean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill,
    I can't believe that the kids are growing up so quick. Where did the time go? The puppy is very cute and it sure does look like a puppy a princess would have. Delaney sounds a little like me with wanting the boys on the folder, heck you might as well have something cute to look at who knows what the boys in preschool will look like. :-) It is wonderful that you and Shawn are so involed with the kids and thank God for your mom, dad, Cassie, Josh and CJ. I am sure they make things a little bit easier, well maybe not so much Josh and CJ :-) Tanke care Love Aunt Wanda

    ReplyDelete