Thursday, September 24, 2009

Week 30!

These are the moments...
Another busy week...Tuesday morning we woke up and the coffee pot wouldn't turn on. A definite sign that you need to get back in bed! Oh well, at least it gave me something to buy Shawn for his Birthday. Remember the days when I thought I would have a Soap Opera Love Story??? Who would have known that my life would ever seem more like a scene from "Escape to Witch Mountain??"
Dawsyn did a great job in her first parade on the float. You would have thought she was Miss America! In fact, we decided to have a talk with her about the real reason she is a Princess--and it has nothing to do with winning a pageant, but becase her Father is the King of Heaven and Earth! She seemed to get that--let's hope it sticks! We also found out that if she has to miss a parade, Delaney can fill in for her. This was great news to Delaney, but Dawsyn was less than enthusiastic. These girls are growing up so fast. Dawsyn has come home from First Grade almost every day talking about this boy or that boy. We tried to tell her that the only "boy" who really mattered in her life right now was her Daddy. She didn't really seem to buy that! Finally, last night when we were celebrating Shawn's birthday, between the presents and pieces of cake, and the third story of another boy who was chasing her on the playground, he looked over at her and said, "We've lost her, haven't we?" I just smiled and said, "well, we still have Delaney." We both turned to look lovingly at our daughter who we know would much prefer another piece of chocolate cake to any boy chasing her. She smiled up at us with frosting between her teeth, and I heard Shawn exhale in the relief that, at least for now, his baby girl was his.
Unfortunately, his relief didn't last long! This morning, when I got out of the car at preschool with Delaney, a little boy was walking by with his mother. I heard Delaney yell, "Hi Jayce!" and then the little boy turned to his mother and said, "Mom--there's my girlfriend I was telling you about--Delaney!" I just smiled at the mom, left Delaney with a kiss, got back in the car, picked up my cellphone and called Shawn. When he picked up the phone, I cried, "We've lost her too!". He just said, please let this new little one be a boy!!!!
We'll see.... We have a big 3-D ultrasound scheduled for Friday night. All of the Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles are coming, so hopefully it will go well and I can post pictures next week! Lots of prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment