Saturday, June 27, 2009

Week 16 & 17!

Busy, Busy, Busy
I haven't been able to write in awhile. We were in Gatlinburg last week and I had a class all week this week. I am really hoping to begin Summer next week. We have been almost as busy as we were during the school year! We had a great time in Gatlinburg. We went horse-back riding, well not Dax and me, but everyone else. Dawsyn and Drew just jumped right on! I was really proud of them. Delaney rode with Grammy. All of the horses were named after states. Dad got "New Hampshire" which was ironic considering that the handlers had to go back to a dark end of the stable that looked like it was rarely used to get a horse big enough for my Dad. I swear the horse looked up at my Dad waiting on the "loading dock" and rolled it's eyes. This horse was huge and didn't look like it got much riding time. We went to Dollywood again. The kids had a great time. Drew was a little upset that he went on a roller-coaster that went upside down. He wasn't prepared for that. Dax loved the flying elephants! We also went to the Comedy Barn. Of all of the things we did, the kids' favorite was seeing "The Miracle". It was a musical about the creation of Satan and the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I was amazed how much the kids got into it. Even Dax understood it. He immediately started saying, "I don't like that bad guy--he's yuck" every time "Satan" came on stage. They were so into it, they decided to reenact it when we got home. They even went so far as to put up a paper cross on the front of the fireplace with ropes where the arms and feet would be attached. I was impressed until I walked by it a little later and had to do a double-take at Dax who was now tied to the paper cross. He got a big smile on his face and probably would have waved had his hands not been tied down. He very excitedly yelled, "I Jesus!". Needless to say we had to have a little talk about crucifixion and whether or not I considered it an appropriate activity for my living room. Although they were slightly disappointed, they quickly moved onto "plan B" and were trying to figure out how to tie Dax up to ceiling fan so he could be a flying angel. Maybe I should have allowed the crucifixion--I mean at least they weren't using actual nails, right? I really wonder sometimes what they are going to do to "Little D" as they affectionately call the baby--I probably don't want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment