Wednesday, March 25, 2009

From the beginning...

...OK--I won't start at the very beginning because that's just a little too much information! Let's just say that working full time and having four kids doesn't leave a lot of time for my husband and I to be alone. So... when we do finally get the chance to "be alone" it isn't hard to figure out when things happened.
That being said, I am pretty sure when "TB" (I've decided to call the baby TB for tie-breaker since we already have two boys and two girls) came into existence, so for those who are interested here are the dates and how it unfolded:

March 6/7: TB "became"

March 13: I started feeling tired. I literally fell asleep on the couch when my oldest son, Drew had friends over--it was embarrasing!

March 14: Noticed that my chest was a little sore and felt "tingling"

March 16th: Really started feeling like there was something going on! I felt the slight cramping in the area of my ovaries and the achy, tingling in my chest. I also felt VERY TIRED.

March 17th-St. Patrick's Day! Since I was due to start the next day, I took a pregnancy test. It came back negative.

March 18th-I start waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and I think to myself--oh come on! I only EVER do that when I am pregnant!

March 19th-same symptoms, another negative test

March 20th- same symptoms, another negative.

March 21st-Today, I got really dizzy when I was playing with the kids. We were at Gameworks and Dax and I were "driving" in Mario Cart and I felt like I was going to pass out! A little while later, I notice I had just a small amount of spotting. Once again, I thought, "I've been through this before!"

March 22nd-Sunday Morning--I wake up to get ready for church and take a cheap $-store test. It was negative. When I get out of the shower, I notice there is the smallest, slightest shadow of a line. I assume it is just because it is a dollar-store test and I looked at it after the recommended 10 minutes.
After church my husband decides to get a digital test. This came back "NO!" On Sunday evening, I couldn't resist and I took another stick test, this time same thing--after 10 minutes the smallest shade of a line appeared. This got me hopeful since it was a name-brand test.

March 23rd--I get up early to get ready for school and decide to try both a regular and a digital test. I wanted to get that first morning urine (TMI), so I did both tests at once--I mean by the fifth pregnancy, I must have a talent somewhere, right? Immediately I see a second pink line, and about a minute later, the digital pops up with "YES!". My husband's response was to roll over and say, "I knew it". Granted it was 5 in the morning and his only day to sleep in, but I was honestly hoping for a little more enthusiasm!

So, that leads us to today--in that limbo of : will I carry to full term? Who do I tell? When do I tell? Lots of questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment