Monday, June 13, 2011

Ugly Daddy, Mean Mommy

We have our first full week of Summer Break, but it didn't really feel that way. I still feel like I'm burning the candle at both ends! The best part has been getting to know my kids again! I always feel that by the time we get to the end of the school year, the kids have grown so much and changed and we are all just too busy to realize it. In the summer, I get to know them all over again. Drake has changed the most since last summer. He is totally a Daddy's boy. He walks around saying, "I love Daddy", but it really sounds more like he is saying, "Ugly Daddy". I'd like to say that when he says, "Mean Mommy" he is really saying something else, but since I am yet again the disciplinarian, I'm pretty sure he is really saying, "Mean Mommy". So, what did we do with this first week of summer? Lay around? watch movies? NOPE!
This is what we accomplished with our first week off:
*camping in my parent's backyard with friends
*three parades/festivals for the girls
*sleepover with 11 kids and swimming the next day
*Drew made Pride Soccer again
*Dawsyn and Delaney's cheer camp
*New puppy to the vet
*Drake to his 18 month dr.'s appt.
*Delaney to chiropractor
*Story time at the Library
*Taylor Swift concert
*trip to Toledo for wedding
*Relay for Life in Canal Winchester
*15 year class reunion for Shawn and me
and now I am in my Hands on History class all week! Next week we leave for Gatlinburg! Hopefully then, summer will really feel like it has started! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment